Welcome to Public Health Ethics, a short course developed to explore such questions as: Is there a public health ethic? Is it different from medical ethics? And is it the same as public health laws?
This series of modules explores these and other questions about ethics in public health. The series will discuss:
- Why medical ethics doesn't meet the needs of public health
values and beliefs inherent to a public health perspective
- 12 principles for the ethical practice of public health
public health's legal powers relate to public health ethics
- What can we learn about public health ethics from pandemic influenza?
- How are group decisions made ethically?
- What are common barriers to the ethical practice of public health?
- What can be done when unethical behavior is observed?